Zoom function issues

Welcome to the forums!

Please make yourself a profile with a signature in this forum's My Stuff tab near top of the forum window. Show your VW version and a bit about your OS and hardware. That helps with troubleshooting.

Several things could be happening.

Some graphics cards kind of blank out - they have a limit as to how close a zoom is supported. Doesn't sound like your issue.

VW prefs>Display might have enabled "Center on objects after view change". Toggle that, and see if it helps.

Your mouse may have some driver/software conflict or even some hardware problems. Eg, sometimes my scroll zoom backs up a notch or two after the zoom.

Maybe it's just a problem with one file. Open new blank drawing and create just a few objects, then try your zoom. I a couple drawings which insist on keeping the view centered during scroll pan - I can't use the scroll/shift or scroll/option keys to pan the view. I never found a reason or a fix. There may be a similar thing with the scroll zoom in one of your drawings.

There are probably other things, too. Others will add comments.

-B

Hi there Snate. Welcome to the Tech Board.

If you are using the Apple Magic Mouse, you will need to go to Mouse in System Preferences and select 'Scroll WithOut Inertia'. Without this selected, Vectorworks scrolling is crazy. I don't think this is an issue with Mighty Mouse, but may be with third party products.