WINDOW DIRECTION

So I have narrowed it down a little. It has nothing to do with the viewport and everything to with the hidden rendering. If I do a hidden render of the model the operation line disappear. If I do any other rendering they are there. I just checked on another project and the operation lines show up on hidden render. Is there a toggle for this somewhere?

john t

Have you tried duplicating the viewport, deleting all the annotations, turning off all the classes except none and sills, and sending it to the back?

I'm seeing the same thing in hidden line that you are. Direction lines don't show up in hidden line. Same with 2010... But for me they do show up in final render.

mk

Hi...

Dunno why it would do this, but select the wall that the window is on and click 'Reverse Sides'. The hinge direction SHOULD now come up (I hope). May have something to do with the direction the wall was built, which determines the inside/outside of it.

But when you have interior elevations/sections, they wouldn't show on the other side. The hinge directions are made of 3D polygons built in to the window, and are therefore only visible (in hidden line) from the side they are on as the glass would cover it if you view it from the opposite side.

Therefore, a 'cheat' you can do (if you want) is to turn off the glazing class most preferably from the interior views and reverse the walls to show the hinge in elevations.

Realized this a while back. I am sorry I did not see your earlier post.

Let us know if this works out for you!

• 2 weeks later...