3d class visibility

rsa

I want to develop a 3d drawing with different items in separate classed that can have different opacity to show the construction.

For example..

exterior handrail on a class

Exterior terrace pavers on a class

underlying waterproofing

underlying structure.

Having done that and created a sheet layer viewport - I change the SL viewport class controls and edit lets say the handrail class to be mostly transparent it doesn't have any affect on the transparency of the class items. I can turn the class gray but that isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm new to the 3d thing so I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks,

Rob

You can assign textures to apply to different classes and I usually set-up 2 or 3 textures of varying transparency so each class will render differently.

You can do this through the resource palette by creating a new resource and setting the attributes to 'Object Attribute' and set the transparency to 'Plain'.

In the class edit window go to 'Other textures' and slelect the texture you require.

Once set-up you can edit the different textures in the resource browser quite easily.