solar animation macos10.5 vs macos10.6

gester

so i don't get it: exact the same file on macosx 10.6.6 generates while creating a solar animation an error: 'create movie file failed' and on a similar machine running a macosx 10.5.8 the same vw version renders the animation without any troubles.

i can't post the file here due to its size (over 100mb), does anybody know any reason for such disfunction?

thanks in advance,

rob

Could be a different version of Quicktime.

sounds plausible. unfortunately i don't have the access to the new machine for a few days.

Also check the file path of the output file.

yeah, they are under control.

thanks for all tips, i'll check them soon.

rob

The error you are getting is because Quicktime returns an error to VW when we ask it to create the file. Quicktime does not report what the error is only that it had an error.

the 'error machine' has the qt 10.0 installed, the older one the qt 7.6.9.

does this mean the older quicktime version makes less trouble than the newer one?

rob

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The recommendation is to begin with the version of Quicktime shipped with the application. Usually it's safe to upgrade but there have been problems caused by different versions of quicktime in the past.

Also, depending on how Quicktime was installed it may be missing optional components required by VW.