Symbols show on screen but I can't select

At random times a VW symbol shows on the screen but I can't select it. I have Show/Snap/Modify Others selected in both Layers and Classes. It's happened today with the Suburu car and the 36x2 Lateral file drawer. Yet I was able to insert and still select a chair and a bed? The only way to delete the symbol is using CTRL+Z. I didn't realize this the first time this happened and now I have the Suburu stuck in my file and I can't get rid of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the offer. I went back and opened the file again this morning to send to you and I was able to "Force select" it today. I think the main issue is VectorWorks running on a PC. I started with Vectorworks back in 2005 and I had a PC. I had all kinds of issues and then I got a Mac and everything worked much better. Now the office I'm in uses PC and we switched to VW2010 over a year ago and we have been having a lot of issues with VW. I usually tell everyone in the office "it's user error" and then the same thing happens to me.

I have no idea what the previous post is referring to "Craigslist"???????

• 6 months later...

I'm having the same issue but force select is not working. I'm trying to put in a refrigerator from the Equip-Residential Appliances SubZero USA folder, but after I place it into the model and click away I cannot select it again. If I change to another saved view the object disappears. Anyone else experience this problem?

Thanks,

Tom

Edited by Tom7

I didn't look at every SubZero symbol, but all of them that I did look at have 2D geometry with no fill. So when you select it you have to make sure to click on a line - not in the middle of the symbol.

And those symbols are set to auto-insert in the class Equipment-Main (that class gets imported with the symbol). So when you switch to your saved view, that class is off. Edit the saved view to make Equipment-Main visible or move the symbol to another class.

hth

mk

And those symbols are set to auto-insert in the class Equipment-Main (that class gets imported with the symbol). So when you switch to your saved view, that class is off. Edit the saved view to make Equipment-Main visible or move the symbol to another class.

hth

mk

Yes, this was it! Thank you!

Edited by Tom7