camera match in a landscape context????????????

Hi

i am interested to know if anyone has used camera match for producing photomontages in a landscape context. Basically i would like to produce montages of proposed developments (solar parks / biomass plants etc) which are usually located in the countryside, so there are really no buildings etc to have as reference points. can you use the length of hedgerows etc instead?

I have had a look on panzercad and all the examples seem to be of buildings in an urban context.

thanks

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Monkey (if that is your real name) ;-)

If you're taking the photos yourself, you could stake out a rectangular area that you could use to place the control points in CameraMatch on. If these stakes could be placed so that they relate to the location of the model, you should be able to do it. Just make sure to place the stakes so that they all reference a points that are level to each other. If their tops are not level to each other, you could tie a bright colored ribbon on each to mark them at the same elevation. If these stakes are placed within the area that the model will be, they should be hidden by the model when you use CameraMatch. Also, when taking the photo, make sure you don't take it with the camera close to being level to the points you stake out so you can use all 4 sides of the rectangle to locate the vanish points.

As far as using hedgerows, they'd have to be straight and level. But I'm not sure if you could get accurate enough references to locate the vanish points with them.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,