Grass texture

does anyone have a good grass texture for use in VW 2011 ? When the format changed from 2010 to 2011 my old grass texture doesn't look as good. I noticed the "stock" texture called "nature grass 01" is pretty good, but since it is image based, when you zoom out the repetitive pattern shows up. I've been trying to manipulate the settings of the new renderworks textures, but with a million combinations, and no explanation of how each setting affects the outcome, I'm just wasting time.

Peter: I got it ... thanks .... pretty good grass ..... but .... I'm really hoping someone has a grass texture that is NOT based on an image because they inevitably show a repeating pattern at some zoom level. If anyone else has a grass texture that does not repeat I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

PS: your grass is the first one I've seen that seems to have a more obvious repeat pattern close up instead of far away. I guess that is a matter of screen size (pixels) and texture scale ... but I don't want to have to change the scale often on the same set of images ..... If I have a sheet with several perspectives in several viewports, I'd have to change the texture scale, render one viewport, then change the scale, render another viewport, etc ...

DWorks: care to share the settings ? I need the settings for VW 2011 (which are now different than VW2010 ... and when you translate the textures they don't look exactly the same.)

I'm getting my copy of VW2011 today (It's finally translated here in Belgium) and as soon as I get it, I will recreate it and post it on the textures sharing forum. I also made other textures that I will put there that imitate real world textures, but with the build in options of renderworks for faster renderings and a better look for renderings. You'll get renderings that show what it will be, but not photorealistic. I use this because many clients otherwise are holding on to tight on the photorealistic rendering and the real end product can be different and then they are dissepointed. If I render not photorealistic, then they see what it will become AND they know that it will not be exactly that.

DWorks: care to share the settings ? I need the settings for VW 2011 (which are now different than VW2010 ... and when you translate the textures they don't look exactly the same.)

I'm getting my copy of VW2011 today (It's finally translated here in Belgium) and as soon as I get it, I will recreate it and post it on the textures sharing forum. I also made other textures that I will put there that imitate real world textures, but with the build in options of renderworks for faster renderings and a better look for renderings. You'll get renderings that show what it will be, but not photorealistic. I use this because many clients otherwise are holding on to tight on the photorealistic rendering and the real end product can be different and then they are dissepointed. If I render not photorealistic, then they see what it will become AND they know that it will not be exactly that.

Just letting you know that I'm working on it, but all settings are different in the new version, So I'm now figuring them out. When I got it right, I'll post the textures.