Wall Recess feature no longer working?

Updated to VW 2011 SP2 (need to update my signature) and a project I am working on, with a distinctive feature wall that the whole design relates to (and about ready to present to clients) is showing the extruded objects that were used to create a wall recess, yet those objects are still showing as a wall recess in OIP edit mode, but not able to hide the geometry nor create a recess. Fiddling with line and fill attributes does not help- nor should it since the recess object is supposed to disappear after invoking the command, visible only for edit modes.

New wall, new object to create a recess also does not work. Wall projection seems to work fine.

Anybody else having this issue?

Edit: Exporting to VW2010 the wall with the recess is showing correctly.

Edited by Damon Design

Thanks for the workaround bcd.

This does seem like a bit of code that shouldn't have been added. Since replacing a generic unstyled wall to a styled wall and then replacing it back to an unstyled wall leaves a wall with components and limited OIP edit-ability (locked thickness) that I don't want or need for schematic design/presentations; you can't really get back to a simple unstyled wall with full edit-ability.

It seems that I actually have to convert a generic unstyled wall of the thickness that I want to a styled wall, add a "nothing" component with a fill of the same thickness to get back to the display attributes of a simple filled wall with no components- if I want to use wall recesses.

Take this limitation that didn't exist before out!

• 8 months later...

I still can't make it work with a styled wall - I have a styled wall but without any componenets and the same thing is happening, I have tested an unstyled wall with some random compnents and it seems to work then. Does anyone know if you need to have components (even with styled walls) for this feature to work correctly?

I still can't make it work with a styled wall - I have a styled wall but without any componenets and the same thing is happening, I have tested an unstyled wall with some random compnents and it seems to work then. Does anyone know if you need to have components (even with styled walls) for this feature to work correctly?

I only know that you better not work with styled walls. For multiple walls with the same style, you can't have different heights for the components! That's the major problem with them. Use the wall styles only for saving them in your library.

Oh, and try to avoid those special wall objects like recesses, They aren't working like they should be and there are too many problems with them. Use a hybrid symbol instead, much faster and easier to control.

Edited by DWorks