resource palette problems

Hello,

Recently, my resource palette in one of my files went on the blink and I can't seem to fix it. I recently imported a DWG file and am not sure if that may have caused it. But, here's what happens. In this file, my resources have all disappeared. If I scroll down in the browser, it freezes. I open another file and that resource is fine. It's just this file. Anyone have an idea what that is all about? And more importantly, how to fix it?

Thanks.

MJ

Vwx 2009 for Mac

Does the problem still exist if you view the resources in List form rather than Thumbnail form? If it does then there is probably some corruption within one of the blocks.

The problem with DWG files is not all DWGs are of equal quality. That is because they can be produced by many programs and some programs don't do it as well as they should. Therefore it is good practice to always import DWG files into a new blank file just in case there is a problem lurking.

Thanks, guys. I just imported the dwg file, this time with list instead of thumbnail, and the resource browser did not freeze. This is good. Does this mean that I will need to work in list mode any time that I have to work with imported dwg file?

secondly, is there anything that my CAD "partner" is doing differently that is causing the corruption/freezing? I've worked with him many other times and have not had problems. However, the last 2 different projects, we have had the problem.

Thanks.

MJ

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

MJ,

If you have thousands of resources you will have to work in list mode if you continue using 2009.

The only thing you can do is make sure to eliminate any unnecessary resources from the file before it's imported. If he is using a template file there may be resources in the document that are never used.

If 2009 supports it, you can try using Design Layer Viewport referencing rather than importing the data into your working drawing. This should help with your work flow and speed things up in general.

Kevin