Setting defaults help

I must have messed something up and I can't figure this out: when I go to the door settings and try to pick a door knob/lever to assign to the door, the default hardware shows nothing. I checked in the library folder "defaults" and the door hardware VW default file is in there. What is wrong ? ... or better yet..... how can I fix it ?

second question: I now notice that when I go to the menu bar and pick "help" the drop down menu has the Mac system help topics but there is no Vectorworks help option. How do I fix that ?

Re VW help: In 2010, Vectorworks Help is accessed from within VW by external software called Adobe Air. A copy of Air is on your VW install disk. Without Adobe Air, I think the VW help does not show up in the Help Menu. ( I,m too lazy to uninstall and find out, sorry). If you have Air installed and still have no access to VW Help, post again and others will help.

Not sure about your door hardware question. Try the File pulldown in the Resource Browser. You might be looking for resources in a file where they are not included.

-B

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not quirte sure ... but I think the solution was to go into the Mac "get info" box of the default door hardware file and change it to allow all users to read and write and I also unlocked it by cliucking the little icon in the lower right corner. After i did this .... it works ... but I'm not sure why.

PS: "display default content" was definitely not the answer.

PS: my profile is deceptive ... now using VW on a Mac .. will fix soon.