Light Info Record (Exploration!)

Hey everyone,

Just having a big explore with the light info record.

In my current lighting device plugin I've changed some of the custom user fields to have things such as mounting and additional lamp data. Now when I'm creating new fixture I'd like them to automatically have this data assigned much like the wattage and frame sizes are automatically filled when you insert a lamp from the library.

Anyone know how/if I can add to the lamp info record to link into my new custom fields?

Cheers,

James

Edited by James Russell
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

James,

You should be able to add your own custom fields to the light info record. If for some reasons your names do not work you may need to use User 1 etc, but I think the alternative names will work.

The one thing you will need to do is change the record on ALL the lights you will be using, otherwise you will get the Replace Record warning dialog when ever you use a light with a different record.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Spotlight only recognizes the 2 light info records. At one time we allowed any record but we found that data was being accidentally overwritten by the other records(most commonly the Auto Plot Record) so we were forced limit it to just the two records in order to preserve the user data.

Kevin,

If I entered my additional data fields into the 'light info record M' as apposed to the regular 'light info record' will it still change the required fields? And would this bring me any difficulties?

I'm just thinking that if i have to compromise to import regular fixtures I may as well only loose the metric weight and frame size data with my old lamps as apposed to the large amount of fields in 'light info record'.

J