A question for the Architects out there...

Do your create details from the building sections drawn in Vectorworks, or do you create the details from scratch. If the former, is there a way to do a detail bubble on the section and link to another page? I'm assuming the simplest way to do this is to create a viewport of the area to become a detail and link it to a detail sheet. I suppose what I'm really wondering, is what method of creating details is most efficient and accurate?

Thanks for the tips. I'll see if I can't come up with something that works without creating too much busy work.

Islandmon, I'm not sure I'm clear on your suggestion. When you say crop and frame, do you mean to create a viewport? I can see taking a building section and then creating a viewport at each location that one would draw a detail.

I'm using more of a strategy where the building sections are separated from the wall sections. So that a building section line (which generates the drawing) runs the length of the building, while a separate shorter section line generates the wall section. And really, these things behave differently than viewports, so I would not recommend trying to duplicate, scale and crop building sections.

• 3 weeks later...