keynotes across multiple sheets

I'd really like to keep keynote numbers consistent across several sheets. For instance, I'd hate to call out a particular finish as "2" on one page, and then when it appears again on the next page the same note is an "8."

Is there anyway around this, or am I just out of luck? I prefer consistency throughout an entire set of drawings....

I found some older threads about this same topic, but no definite answer was ever given. They may have also pertained to an older version as well.

TIA

Jenny,

The Vw 2010 improvements to the Callout tool, Keynote Legend, and Notes Manager were made to address this very situation. When the Callout option "Place as Keynote" is selected, the resulting pulldown menu allows the user to "subscribe" the Callout to a particular Keynote Legend.

The best way to make this work across multiple sheet layers (for example, multiple demolition plans) is to place the "Demolition Notes" Keynote Legend on "Notes/Legends" Design Layer. Then subscribe all the Callouts to this Legend. Next, create a cropped Sheet Layer Viewport of the Keynote Legend and place it on all the sheets you wish to see it. This way it will stay coordinated for all demo notes on all pages and only need to reference the Keynote Legend once.

Oh Bill...

Personally, I don't have a problem with the new help system. It is what it is. I must admit, though, that I don't even really use it that much. IF I have a really burning question, that I don't know the answer to, I just pick up the phone. or walk down the hall to bug Robert or the engineer responsible. I know I'm spoiled.

However, I do think the Callout/Keynote system still needs a bit of tweaking. I'd like to hear more feedback about UI, workflows, expectations, and results. I've gotten a lot so far, but more is always better.

Some feedback so far includes:

1. Selecting the note from the Keynote Legend directly, NOT the database;

2. A better note database editor inside Vw;

3. More Default notes database content examples, including Uniformat/MasterFormat/OmniClass formatted descriptions;

I am still having problems with PAINFULLY SLOW keynote editing. I had always relied on them, but have had too abandon them on many documents because editing was so slow. I have to wait along time for spinning beachballs; even when creating the callouts from scratch- instead of copying and pasting.

Dan Kocieniewski

Vectorworks 2010 SP4

Mac Book Pro 2.5 Ghz Core Duo

4 Gb RAM

Mac OSX Version 10.5.8

I have to say that the excrutiatingly slow callout editing has me cursing vectorworks 2010. I don't know hwy after paying good money to upgrade i should heve to sit thru twenty-minutes of beachball time to edit some notes?!!! My workflow is DESTROYED by such "improvements"

3. More Default notes database content examples, including Uniformat/MasterFormat/OmniClass formatted descriptions;

The ubiquitous UK spec-writer is thenbs.com and the Australian equivalent I recall is natspec.com.au

A great many architects use the clause numbers and headers from their specification documents as their drawing notes - across the entire working drawing set. Currently this is all manually done, and does not update or cross-reference etc.