Doors and views

while I am at it, i have another issue that i can't seem to find a good solution for.

In floor plan i want doors open and showing their swing (like they are in wire frame).

In elevation and section VPs i want them closed and in 3d VPs I want some closed and some open.

is there a way to set up the doors to display the way I want them to?

Thanks

Chris

Yes but when I am making different views in different VPs I don't always want the door showing open or closed for that matter. can I change the way the door is displayed from one VP to another.

If I select "show 3d open" then it is open in all VPs.

Chris there is no way to have the doors closed in one view and open in another view.

Parametric objects like doors and windows draw a 2D form for Plan views and model a 3D form for 3D views. The only way you can vary the appearance in different views is by switching the visibility of Classes used for the different component parts.

I wouldn't have thought this would be possible. But in this simple example it seems to work...

The door is inserted into a wall. The door is duplicated twice. Each of the 3 doors is put into its own class. Give each door a separate 3D open setting.

Create an SLVP. Duplicated it twice w/ different views. Make only one of the door classes visible in each SLVP.

Not elegant. But in a super simple case it works...

hth

michaelk