script for print settings

Hello,

Can someone help me with a script?

We have 2 printers here, and A1 plotter and an A3 printer. Formal drawing issues to contractors/consultants are sent out A1, but mostly we use the same drawings printed at half scale on A3 for everything else. This means I am constantly going into page setup, then print setup, then changing the printer and the scale from the A1 at 100% to the A3 at 50%. When doing a long print run of 50 drawings, this is tedious.

Is it possible to write two scripts to do this? Ideally so I just click run it to get it to A3 printer at 50% and run on the other one to get it back to the A1 @ 100%???

Or is there another way to do this in the batch settings?

I have never found a script listener in VW, so I can?t find where to start on this.

Thanks

Thanks, we do this sometimes, but it?s proved to be a bit cumbersome. It?s a two stage operation, which is a bit fiddly, and there are a number of QA issues - you lose track which are current pdfs, which are old, naming then with a revision number can be dangerous if they are not a formal issue, and where they get saved to on the central server, others don?t know why they have been exported? also you end up with a lot of pdfs which then need to be deleted or filed ? bit of nightmare.

and it does not seem to work so well with line weights which do not seem to scale down well from a pdf.

Thanks though.

Kevin. Yes we use separate sheet layers for each individual drawing. I didn't realize you can change multiple page set ups by selecting more than one. This will help a lot. The sheet layers are split across multiple files (plans, sections, L series, A series etc.) so it does not solve everything, but it still a great tip and I'll do this in future. Thanks

Still, a script would be nice for easy changing the page set up in different files. They ought to put a script listener in VW. It would help non-coders like me get a handle on scripting.

Pat, I have added a signature now. see string above. We are on Windows XP pro here, sorry.

Thanks all.