shutters on doors

MaryBea

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Another method I've used is to place a Door PIO with no jamb thickness and everything else (related to the opening) turned off. I actually use this for windows as well because the door gives you more options than shutters do. Another reason I avoid the Window's built in shutter is because it won't let you set the width. Around here, it's very rare to see a home using (real) shutters that are half the width of the window opening.

Shutters should be inserted as Hybrid Symbols ...

so be mindful of those insertion origins which can significantly perturb your WallObjects ; )

And ... in my experience shutter design and sizing are specific to each fabricator...

therefore... utilize the suppliers dimensions when possible.

• 1 month later...

I am having similar issues with the shutters. I recently took custom shutters on the window and tried to apply class styles. The shutters are the only thing on my elevation drawings without rendering. Anyway to fix this without drawing the shutters individually and placing them onto the outside of the walls?