No Option in OIP to turn light on

Greeting all!

We are using VW2009 Spotlight with Renderworks.

Been using VW for years to do 2d plots so I am somewhat familiar with the software. At any rate I am spending some slow shop time to learn some of the 3d render aspects of Spotlight.

Started a simple file to learn the basics. 1 lighting position with 1 par can and 1 focus point.

I am sure I am missing something basic here....

The lighting device does not give the check box to "Turn Light ON". All we get is the "Draw Beam" option.

The light was inserted properly with the instrument insertion tool.

What might I be missing?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You should also be able to right click on the lighting device and select "Edit Light..." (Not "Edit...") You should be able to directly asscess the light from here.

If you are using the Viz Pal try viewing All the lights and not just current scene.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

With the introduction of the Viz palette we wanted to give the physical rendered light control so that now all lights are accessible in the Viz palette. Once you start using it you will find it a lot easier.

The lit fog is a Renderworks Background. You can edit it through the resource browser.

I am working on a Mac but have a windows style mouse. Mac mice are awful imho.

Anyhow.

I can select multiple lights, yes.

From the Vis Palette I can shift click and select as many fixtures as I want. When right clicking them in the selected group and choosing edit I get the diet version of the "Edit Light" window. It does not have any of the beam control attributes.

I should have said in my previous post that the beam options go away with multiple fixtures selected.

Edited by Jonathan K