Simple Symbol Crashing Vectorworks

Hello,

I have a simple hybrid symbol that has recently started causing various Vectorworks files to crash. I have been using the symbol for months without trouble. It has not been edited or changed. Neither Vectorworks or my system have been updated in the interim. It also has not been shared between the files other than when they were initially created. I have now had two different files exhibit the crash. The crash occurs when the symbol appears in any viewport that is not in plan or top view when the render setting is set to hidden line. When the viewport is updated, Vectorworks will crash.

I have attached an example file.

If anyone has any insight it would be appreciated. The symbol is a figure so it is used in many of my files.

Kevin

I found the same problem as you, but I found two things, that one if I simply converted the extrude to a nurbs object (Convert....) it worked as expected.

The only way I got the extrude to work is to give the extrude some depth, I used 1mm.

hope one of those options will work for you

Cheers,

Ion