Have 3D snaps been downgraded in VW 2009?

I stumbled across a tech tip online where you could double click on Snap to Object to set a 3D snap preference. This preference allows you to snap to the centre of circular surfaces on cylinders among other things. It turned out the tip was for VW 2008. (I opened up my copy of 2008 and it indeed works)

The option doesn't seem to have disappeared VW 2009. I though perhaps it had been integrated into some of the other options, but I have not been able to get it to snap to similar points.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Kevin

i think 3D snaps are much better in 2009. Double click on the snap to object to open the settings. there are several to choose from, I have them all turned on. I can find the centre of the extruded circle, but not the center of the extruded rectangle.

a new trick on Vectorworks 2009 is the ability to find the midpoint between smart points. move to a point you want to be a smart point, wait until you acquire the smart point. move to a new point. when you acquire the smart point you get a small grey marker between the two smart points.