Window trim flange in opengl???

TimG

New user... tried searching for the answer with no luck.

I'm having a problem placing a window in a wall with one of the settings to include a 3" trim casing along the sides and top...

looks great in hidden line mode, but in openGL it puts what looks like a nailing flange around the outside of the trim...

if I change the settings to not include the exterior trim it does not place this flange....

How do I get rid of this flange so it looks like my siding is butting up to the window trim casing.

I tried to embed a picture into this post... hope it works...

window_trim_flange.jpg?t=1245420977

Thanks for the help, but I found the answer... or a work around at least...

basically its me being a nOOb to the program...

my wall class had the shingle texture you see on the jpg, but my main window class (not the trim and sash parts in the pio settings) had a default white solid fill...

easy workaround was to change the class texture of the main window to match what I had on my exterior wall, and it blended the flange thing away (even though I never figured out what the flange is).... while the PIO parts settings allow me to override my trim and sash with the special style classes to have the various different trim textures.

thanks for the idea though islandmon...

I'm not quite sure how to post a file in the "full reply" interface I see on my end... (using Firefox 3)

however I am using VW fundamentals/arch/renderworks "out of the box"... I think the flange is built into the default window object... its there with exterior trim... its not there when there is no exterior trim.