Help - Symbol Cluster F

Nubie to CAD

I borrowed a buddies laptop hoping to do some simple 3D work but having trouble.

I would rant... but no body listening anyway.

IMO this is a hack job from way back that definately needs retiring.

I expected to find a symbol for simple 8 x 16 block guess not.

After hours of trying to discover them I think I figured out the res browser.

"Browse a document" and then go to the libraries folder in VW app folder.

right?

What to do for mortor? or maybe I should just make 16x8, actually 15.5x7.5.

Why Top/Plan? what the diff with top

got a symbol done but 2d shows up on iso view

How do you position by numbers? width? height?

Is the Obj Info palette just worthless.

Width and height dont show unless 2d mostly

How about PVC plumbing nothing less than 1.5 inch? WTF

I tried to import some from sketch but could not get them position once in the file.

Hints.

Had to get a calculator out to move x y, finaly just put it on what I wanted to be a distance from them moved by the amount needed.

There must be a handful of things to know that I am missing.

I have done print pub with Illus freehand quark indesign and photoshop for over 20 years. But this interface is just sht. Glad its not my coin spent on it.

I have looked for tutorials and went through quit a few but mostly they just tell you what numbers to poke where if at all.

Thanks for your help!

VW 2008 13.0 designer OSX 10.4.11

George Orwell, you are completely misunderstanding what Vectorworks is and how to use it.

You are building a MODEL, not a simulation. Why would you want to work with individual concrete blocks. Normally you would use the Wall tool to draw walls. If you need to have a rendering show as concrete block you would apply a texture of concrete block.

If you are looking for plumbing fixtures, it does not sound like "Simple 3D" to me.

Top/Plan is a 2D representation of hybrid objects (like walls, doors, windows) that will allow you to draw an object once and have a "plan" (ie. floor plan) view and a separte 3D respresentation for use in 3D (Top/Front, Right, Isometric, etc.) without haveing to draw an object twice. If you are doing architectural stuff, it is something you need to play with and figure out.

It sounds like there are a lot more than a handful of concepts you need to figure out.

If you really want to learn, there are lots of people here who will help you.

You use of abbreviations and bad attitude make it hard for us to figure out what you mean and how best to help you.