Rendering Glass....???

cad@sggsa

Hi all

I'm busy working on a project with a couple of different sized windows. So I started giving each one a different colour to the rectangle to be extruded. Applied a Glass texture. When rendered it kept the colour.

..........How do I get around this as Texture is set to 'Obj Attribute' and 'Glass, Accurate'..

Or maybe what is a good colour to give to Clear glass?

Thank you in Advance

Instead of fill for the window types, perhaps use different line colors and heavy line weights to distinguish the extrude edges in wireframe views?

Select the extrude and change fill colors in the attributes pallet to apply any color for the rendered glass surface. White seems closest to clear window glass. Reflectance might be emphasized with darker greys or other dark colors.

If renders take too long, copy/paste part of your model into a new drawing to test.

-B

Thanks for the input Benson

Yes I noticed that white is to bright when rendering with a light behind it. I used a colour close to the same as that of the wall and worked very well.

There are easier ways than to copy and paste into a new dwg though, Different Design layers and just by switching off classes works well.

Anyone else think White is the best colour for clear glass....

My one texture uses a lightblue image for a blue effect, clear glass??? Wonder if black would be best as it is not a colour.....