Convert Sectional Viewport to Lines Problem

CS1

I have a sectional viewport (not showing 2D objects beyond section line) I have selected the viewport, converted copy to lines, cut the group, then pasted on to a design layer, then scaled the object (1:1 to 1:50), I select the group, double click and enter the group. I now have a copy of my sectional viewport in lines, I "select all" (ctrl+a) and only about 8 lines are selected (there should be about 40). I have checked the show/snap/modify classes is on, I have also checked the view is top/plan, If I cut the 8 lines from the group, then exit the group, it still show on my OIP that I have a group selected, If I however I deselct the group then try selecting it again by clicking on it this doesnt work, I have to drag the curser around the group to select it, I can then not enter the group by simply double clicking I have to use the Modify > enter group menu command and then I am still not able to select anything.

I have tried closing and reopening the file and have also restarted my machine but still the problem remains.

Whats going on?

Edited by CS1

I think this is an issue of the group class and the objects within being assigned to different classes. (Even though you have Show/Snap/Modify on).

I would try selecting the group, then changing the class to None, including all sub-objects. Now that they are all the same class is this problem still there?

Another note is that you could skip the Scale Object step if you make the scale of the Design Layer 1:1, then paste in the line section, then change the Design Layer scale back to 1:50. Maybe this is pretty much the same number of clicks, but obviously I prefer it since I am recommending it here.

I would try selecting the group, then changing the class to None, including all sub-objects. Now that they are all the same class is this problem still there?

Problem solved! Thanks guys VW doesnt seem to recognize the class visibilities once the object has been converted from a sectional VP to lines.

Thanks all so for the tips on changing the size/scale etc looks like as usual there are numerous ways to achieve what I am after.