Assistance please TECH'S - 11.5 updater download does not work

I moved from Landmark 11.5 to 2008 - it signalled a huge increase in productivity for me - partly down to now having the full printed manuals, but also because I made use of the new features to which allowed me to produce higher quality graphic content and improve my workflow.

I found the same with 11.5 update late last year and can't remember how I did it, but I was able to download it in the end. Try looking for an alternative link or contact your reseller who should be able to provide you link or a CD copy.

Not the student editions. Nothing like sitting on a train passing time reading a VW manual.

I found my email (Jan 2008) containing the link for my 11.5 download. The link does not mention the secure site, but uses download2.nemetschek.net so the secure.maintenance site had already gone prior to me getting the 11.5 update so there may be an alternative link - I needed to enter serial no first so cannot retest the route. Unfortunately the link returned was a personal link and expired after 3 days, the email does state:

Step 1: Determine if you have the correct version for updating. The updater will update all English-language VectorWorks 11.0.1 products (ARCHITECT, LANDMARK, SPOTLIGHT, MECHANICAL, VectorWorks, and RenderWorks) to 11.5. If you do not have version 11.0.1, or are not sure that your update will work, please contact sales@nemetschek.net or call 410-290-5114.

Maybe try sales rather than tech support.

Maybe try sales rather than tech support.

Having to do that is a worry I feel, the complete silence to my request for help on this tech forum from anyone from VW is not a good advertisement for the product let me just say.

Thanks very much for your effort to reply IanH, I ended up getting (as always) prompt and accurate assistance from Julian Carr at OZcad, cannot speak too highly of him and his service, very professional.

http://www.ozcad.com.au/