Design Layer Visibility

Visibility is relatively easy to control in sheets but design layers are another story. When bouncing back and forth from sheets and saved views, I find that class settings will reset upon returning to a design layer depending on the sequence of work. Other that saving views is there a way to set current visibility in a design layer?

That's a nice suggestion, Christiaan - linking the saved view setting to another view such as the viewport. I also don't like the fact that saved views are somewhat difficult to use, specifically, if you use the document setup command at the beginning of the project you end up with a bunch of bogus saved views which are the programs best guess at what you will need, to which are assigned even worse visibility settings. As you know, saved views are not particularly easy to edit. I use significant amounts of time fussing with visibilities - time which I don't feel justified billing for, and lost time that keeps me from thinking about how to put my building together.

I like Christian's solution as well, this would be really great.

I just wanted to follow up on:

As you know, saved views are not particularly easy to edit.

For those who do not know, (I am betting Viscard knows this, and it is not a replacement for Christian's idea),

Here is one fast way of updating your Saved Views:

First go to that Saved View, then change the class & layer visibilities and/or change/rotate the view to how you want it,

Then right-click on that Saved View in the Navigation Palette,

Select "Redefine..."

This re-writes the Saved View with your new settings.

picture13sg1.png