How To Select Label Control Points (Label Legend) - Newb

JCS

Trying to Move a channel that is being obscured by another light. When I click on the unit in question, the light and all the label info highlight. I zoom in to find the "label control point" that is referred to in the help section... don't see it and anything I try to do just moves the whole light.

Help Please! Thank you :)

Vectorworks 2008 - PC

Getting stuck for 20 minutes on these types of simple things just makes me want to scream! and run home to the warm comfort of ACAD 2007. Uggghhh. But, alas, everyone else uses v-works...so I am really trying to play better with others....selecting things in vectorworks can be such a painful process.....

It would seem that the problem is that the blue square (lighting control point) is only INTERMITTENTLY displaying when the light is selected.

Sometimes it does disply / Most times it does not.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

JCS

I can't recreate your issue. In the past when I've had problems with labels "getting stuck" in place, I've just deleted the label legend and made a new one.

In case it's not that:

-Check your classes. When VW creates a label legend it makes a bunch of classes for each item in the label legend. ie. Label-Channel, Label-Color, Label-Dimmer, etc.

If one of those is set to invisible it might make it tricky to see what is going on.

-Also make sure that you are really selecting the light fixture you think you are. It's possible to duplicate a fixture and have two fixtures occupying the same space, which could result in the issue you have.

HTH

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

hello JCS; it's also worth checking which mode the 2D selection tool is in. when the 2D tool is selected, check the icons above the horizontal ruler. there are three against the left side of the drawing. the furthest left-hand icon shows a diagonal line with an arrow at both ends and a red-slashed circle in the lower right hand corner. this is the "Disable Interactive Scaling Mode" icon. click the next icon to the right (same diagonal line w/arrow ends, NO red-slash circle). this is the "Single Object Interactive Mode", and when it is selected, it's more likely that you'll be able to select a lighting device with a label legend and see/grab the label control points.

hth,

shelley