Gray Objects when Exporting to PDF

Hey Everyone,

When I export a couple of my plots in PDF some objects in one of my layers turn gray. To my knolage they are not gray in VecterWorks. Also the same PDF file dose not have the gray on other computers.

Dose anyone know whats going on and how to change it.

Thanks,

Jamie

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem. Whenever, I try to make a PDF some of my lines turn gray. The same problem happens whether I use the "EXPORT to PDF" command or if I simply print to Adobe PDF.

I have checked the PDF files on two different computers and both of them are showing the lines as gray.

The interesting thing is that only angled lines are gray. All of the lines that run vertical or horizontal are black, but all other lines are gray.

I'm using Designer 2008 (spotlight workspace) on a PC with XP Pro.

I would appreciate any advice

The Exported PDF shows the house lights in grey. The Printed PDF seems to be OK.

I don't have any other suggestions other than a corrupted file.

Do you have a lot of viewports in this file? If not, try creating a new file and referencing in all the layers from this file and then break the link. You will have to recreate the sheet layers and viewports manually, but it may remove the corruption as well.

Good Luck,

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at both files on screen.

Export file shows all lines as black in Adobe Reader and in Apple Preview. Same result for full page view and zoomed views.

Print to PDF file in full page view shows diag lines grey in AR and black in Preview. Zoom a bit and all lines show black in both readers.

On my screen, black seems more robust in AR than in Preview.

Maybe the problem is display or graphics card issue rather than some problem in VW?

-B