I think I found a new bug-varification requested.

I am running VW 12.5 on a mac and I think I've found a small bug. Exporting an image file. In Current view and Jpg image settings, If I name the file 'anyname/anytime' with the slash, it does not save the file and remains open. If I remove the slash it works fine. Anybody else with VW 12.5 can check this would be good. Thanks All!

There was post some time back that had this advice:

Unix does not support colons or slashes in file names so the Mac OS has to add a thin (and fragile) veneer to allow these 'illegal' characters to work. If you haven't had trouble with other applications or with general server maintenance tasks then you are probably just lucky. Almost all Mac IT people I have spoken to about it agree with this assessment and recommend against the use of these characters when file servers are in use.

So If you want a trouble free life... Especially if you are on a server and / or send files to PC users (so that means all of us):

- Never use slashes or colons in file or folder names.

- Never use hyphens as well (underscores are okay).

- Never use more than one full stop in file or folder names.

- Always append the creator suffix to your file names ( .mcd or .vwx depending on your version).

- Keep your file and folder names to less than 31 characters

I can't recall who made the original post. Apologies for not giving them due recognition.