Rectangle width and height reflect its orientation on the page

CS1

Question

I find it a pain when I have a rectangle selected, and I increase the width only to notice that the height of my rectangle increases instead because at some stage I rotated the rectangle.

What are the benefits of having it the way it is?

8 answers to this question

I think its good for rotated plan view but when you rotate the rectangle itself the width and height should reflect its actual orientation on the page and not just reflect what it was like when it was first created.

Not that i want to defend the new rectangle, cause it sure needs a lot of improvement, but when you check the box next to "mark width by arrow" in the OIP, you'll get a little blue arrow on your rectangle that shows what the width is.... Not that handy if you ask me. So when i need to rescale a rectangle, i use the floating coordinates bar:

Click on the handle of the side that you want to adjust, move your mouse a little, press TAB and fill in the width or hight.

A very fast method if you ask me.

Some things that aren't that handy with this method though:

when you want to do some maths with the side, you have to move your mouse back to original place of the side to get it's original size. But when you don't have "snap to object" and "snap to intersection points" on, you can not find that point anymore...

You get always the positive value in the bar when moving around the side, even when it needs to be negative (this is a bug). So you need to find out yourself if the value needs to be positive or negative (but this is not that hard to do).

i've had issues with the rotate tool in ALL of it's forms.

A rotate tool should do JUST that! Rotate!! If, some bright spark at home base has a good idea to integrate a new aspect of rotating an object or profile, Great. Good on him, add a pretzel to his daily intake of coffee expenses, but don't force it on us.

Add an option/choice/additive/exclusion/destroy on installation button.

i still can't rotate some Symbols/Objects because VW is convinced they are Hybrids even if there are "No 2D items of any shape or form included in the Symbols"!

THIS IS PATHETIC!

A CAD program that does not give you the option of rotating an object/symbol because the tool designed to do the job will only rotate in PLAN view.

Mechanics and Engineering design requires many objects to be rotated though composite angles and curves.

GIVE US THE OPTION!!!

Please.