Custom Modification

As far as I can tell, the only difference between custom modification and custom selection is that custom modification brings up a new edit properties dialogue box, where as with custom selection modifications can be made in the OIP. Am I missing something?

Using custom selection and/or custom modification, I couldn't select windows within symbols (even though I had the box checked). Also, I couldn't seem to make window selections using criteria such as "overall width."

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Will

The Custom Modification allows you to change objects across layers and classes regardless of the Class and Layer Option settings.

After using Custom Selection, you will only be able to modify the objects that are visible.

I think you will have problems with entering Field Value is on any dimension fields due to the use of the single and double quoted as unit markers in the US. These are also used as text delimiters in VectorScript and the code generator does not seem to handle them correctly,

Pat