convert PDF to DWG instead exporting from VW?

Chris Spierings

Question

Hi,

we are using VW 11.5 (on a MAC) and have a lot of trouble exporting good DWG, i.e. we get a lot of complaints from people we send it out to. Is it a good option to use the PDF's we make in VW and convert them to DWG? I guess at least I have control over the "look". Does anybody recommend this procedure? Does anybody has tips on good software to use for this?

Thanks, Chris

3 answers to this question

There are several PDF to DWG converters out there but they all appear to be windows applications.

I routinely send dwg exports to structural engineers for use as backgrounds and haven't really had any complaints. The only time I have any real trouble is when I want to export elevations or sections from Sheet Layer Viewports. Plans seem to export quite well from design layers.

What kinds of complaints are you getting?

Chris, I also routinely provide DWGs to others without problems. PDF to DWG is definitely not the way to go.

Can you please provide specific information on what the 'complaints' are on your existing DWG exports. Knowing exactly what the problems are will help other users provide answers on how to overcome the issues you are having.