Creating lighting symbol and object info conflict

We are spending time in trying to create new lighting/accessory symbols that are a little truer to shape and profile. When creating a symbol, I give the symbol a name i.e. "Rosco I-Cue." The symbol is placed in our instrument folder and the name appears correctly in the Resource Browser. However, when the symbol is inserted as an accessory, the text in the "Instrument Type" in the Object Info window reads "S-IV Leko 19 deg." How can I correct it to read as the symbol name without having to retype the text in the Instrument Type field in the Object Info window??

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You need to update the light info record atatched to the symbol def. Edit the symbol and de-select everything. In the Data tab of the OIP enter the new data into the light info record. When you insert a new symbol it will pick up the new information.

Yes, this works when I try and change an individual fixture - i.e. an I-Cue or DMX Iris. However, when I try and change the light info record for a multi-cell instrument (i.e. an L&E Broad Cyc 3-cell) the info in the OI "Lighting Device" window does not reflect what I just changed in the light info record. In fact, each individual cell that makes up the 3-cell has the correct light info record as does the "whole" symbol. But when placed as an inserted instrument, the OI still lists the incorrect information - S-IV Leko 19 deg.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The information for a multi-circuit symbol is obtained from each cell's symbol def. So if the information on each cell's symbol def is correct it should work.

You can send a sample file to tech@nemetschek.net and we will have a look at it.