Changing shade of gray for grayed classes and grayed layers

CS1

Half right Tad. In VW 12 there is no way to control the gray. In VW2008, you can control the percentage of Gray when printing. On the Mac, once you get the print dialog box, pull down the selector to VectorWorks and enter the Gray percentage there.

In VW2008, there is still no way to control the display of Gray on screen.

Pat

Hey Pat-

What if you had colors enabled in document prefs- wouldn't that work?

I guess that probably wouldn't work by the time you got to printing/services and the doc went back to B&W only.

Love the Podcad show BTW-I listen to every one- You guys make me feel not so lame for not knowing everything after so many years of using VW-

I'm still learning for sure and get excited about the tips that come up in your show.

Tad

On the topic of greyed classes, I referenced in the architect's file as a Design Layer viewport, into its own layer in my file. I set all the classes in the viewport to grey, and that worked fine for any design layer I was working in. But as soon as I created a viewport to use on my sheet layer, the grey overrides for the reference viewport disappeared - totally useless for printing.

Is this the way VW2008 is supposed to work or is it a bug? Or am I missing something? I have resorted to using greyed layers but the problem with that is that it relies on the person printing to set the grey level correctly at print time - not 100% foolproof which it would be if only my grey overrides showed through in the sheet layer.