jamb-sash alignment

ptarmigan

Hi Robert

Do you mean the problem is fixed (SPnn) or as I understand it, no offset possible.

If so, do I remember falsely if that used to be possible?

Discussing windows in english is a nightmare to me because of all the terms defined differently in all dictionaries. Anyway, here we go:

The option to offset the sashes is a must.

Take the "bi-parting casement" window. The default setting in VW is centered saches.The sashes in such a window are as far as I know, always aligned with the jamb's edges, never centered, due to the hinges. So, if you agree, the default setting is wrong to begin with.

Our climate calls for wall thicknesses of 300 mm. If I use the "use wall depth" option to benefit from trim options etc, the sashes will be almost 150 mm recessed from the facade, giving a hollow-eyed look.

Therefore an option to offset sashes would not only be very useful, but absolutely necessary in this case.

Of course this goes for all sash operations.

I have to explain to my clients that what they see in the 3D renderings is not what they get, it's just as close as I get with VW.

I'm sure there are ways to get around the problem, but that is not the subject...

I beg and call for the offset option.

What is the NNA response?