DOOR/WINDOW ID TAGS

doughd

Is there any way to turn off the Door/Window Tags for one sheet layer, but continue to have them on for another sheet layer? What I am trying to do is create a sheet with the floor plan showing dimensions ONLY, and another sheet with the same floor plan showing Notes such as the Door/Window ID tags, Room Names & numbers, etc...

Thanks for any help...

How do I get the tags to be in their own classes? I want to use the feature of turning on the "on schedule" checkbox and naming each door & window so that my schedule is automatically created. Do I have to just not use this feature at all, and just create a text block with a circle as my tag; and ultimately have to create the schedules from scratch?

Thanks alot Robert. I guessed I missed that option in the settings. But now I have another problem. I assigned the Door ID to class Door Spec, and Window ID to the Window Spec class, with both of the classes colors set to green. The window IDs are correct color, but Door IDs are still the color of the Door Main class.

Sorry...new to this forum, not sure how it works yet...here is my question:

I assigned the Door ID to class Door Spec, and Window ID to the Window Spec class, with both of the classes colors set to green. The window IDs are correct color, but Door IDs are still the color of the Door Main class.

Sorry, this is a new question on the same topic:

On my door tags, I have tried checking the option to "Keep ID Horizontal", but if a door has been mirrored or flipped it, especially at an angle, it will not align to the page.

Is there a way to change the swing of the door without using the mirror tool?

Thanks,

Thank you for the tip! Unfortunately, the "flip" option is only available when you insert a door into a 3D-wall, and currently our office is drawing it's floor plans in 2D. Very frustrating... Regardless, this explains a lot. I was afraid Vectorworks didn't have the option.

Thanks.

I love symbols, but the one thing about symbols I don't like is: objects within a symbol do not show up on vectorworks schedules.

In my experience, when you create a door schedule it will not recognize doors that have been converted to symbols or doors nested within symbols.

All of these replies have been very helpful.

Thank you.

There is an extra criteria you can add to your worksheets called InSymbol. When this is selected, the criteria will look inside of symbols as well as just on the layer. It is always additive, meaning that you will get the doors both inside of symbols and just on the layer.

As far as I know, there is no way in a worksheet to get information on only things that are inside symbols.

Pat