Ozzie

Worksheets - text wrapping and merging

I have a Worksheet with two columns and several rows

In the first cell in the bottom row I have a sentance which I wish to merge with the cell to the right and wrap the text too.

Is it possible - I cannot get it to work. I can only get text to wrap in one cell - not through the two.

Select the cells you want to join. Go into the worksheet menu (little triangle above the row headers). Select Format Cells and select the Alignment tab. Check the Wrap Text and Merge Cells check boxes at the middle of the dialog box. Click OK.

Go back to the worksheet menu and select the Row Height option. Set your row height. The Auto Fit Row Height did not work for me and I had to manually set the height. Click OK.

It works for me here in 12.5.2 Mac.

Pat

Pat,

Thanks again. On my XP puter I selected the entire row and it worked.

This feature still appears to be broken (v. 2019 service pack 2).  Merged cells somehow defeat the auto row height setting and they all have to be set manually.  This should be fixed.