Exporting Files - Internal Error

I'm exporting to .dwg files, no problem. Have never had a problem. In a new file, I added some walls to a symbol. Suddenly, when I try to export, I simply get a dialogue box that says "An internal error was encountered. Cannot continue." Huh? I went to the previous file, from which I'd been exporting problem free, and got the same message. In a brand new file, with a couple of rectangles, it will export fine. My client's expecting a bit more than a couple of rectangles. (Sorry, it's late, and VW would save so much time if it didn't steal it all back this way!!). Sorry, now it's even later...

Permissions are repaired, and I even forced maintenance. I think.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Will

It sounds like a corrupted file. The original slow down of rendering could ahve/ should have been a hint.

First thing to try. Create a new blank file. If you have a layer titles "Design Layer-1" in the original file, rename the one in the new file. Workgroup reference in every layer of the problem file. Click OK. Go back to the Workgroup reference dialog box and select all of the layers and click the Delete... button. You will get a dialog box for each layer. Click the Keep in current document radio buttons and click OK for each layer.

This will give you as clean of copy of the file as possible. See if this will export to DWG.

Unfortunately, this will only give you the Design Layers. If you have much work in Sheet Layers or Annotations to Viewports, you are kind of out of luck.

Pat

Thanks, but I don't think it's a corrupted file.

After some combination of restarting VW, restarting the computer, daily maintenance, the moon setting, or who knows what, I've been experiencing extremely fast viewport rendering times (interiors averaging 7 seconds, elevations 26 seconds, and the complex cross section 90 seconds - (a four story building with moulding profiles at roof edge, around windows, and even along a curved path at a curved entrance pediment)). I seem to be finding that if I restart VW after the first sign of a slow-down, it's again fine for a while.

I went back to an older file (several weeks old) from which I had successfully exported files, but it too now gives me the "Internal Error" message. I assume that if my current file is corrupt, it would not make all previous/earlier/archived versions of itself similarly corrupt...

And I've got 40 sheet layers, so your routine to preserve Design Layers only isn't terribly appealing...

Thanks! -Will

OSX provides numerous tools & logs to track down "internal errors".

Trying to guesstimate the exact problem may be an exercise in futility.

A short term solution is to send the file to a trusted forum User via private message

or to NNA Support and ask them to export it to .dwg , and then send it back to you.

At least this will get you back on schedule and give some breathing room to fix the real problem.