Navigation palatte

Please help!

My colleuge and I both have VW 12.5 installed, however, I have the navigation palette and they don't! It does not appear as an option under window>palettes nor does it come up with ctrl+shift+N. Different workspaces makes no change and I can't seem to find it in the workspace editor. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi, Amy33 - VW Fundamentals does not include the Navigation Palette. You would only have the Nav Palette if you are using an industry series product or full designer.

The Nav palette did not show up in my workspace editor commands/palettes area either. But is definitely present in the Palettes menu.

The key toggle for Nav Palette is ShiftCmdN.

Hope this helps.

-B

Hmm... I'm using fundementals, as are my colleages... we installed from the same disks and all have licences but they have the 12.5.2 upgrade... so i'm still confused :( I also have landmark installed -does the navigator come with this?- if so, they too have tried to install landmark but it doen't work. is this because they hace 12.5.2?

I would say that you have the navigation palette because you have landmark installed. It is one of the industry series. I have said before that I feel the navigation palette should be included in the fundamentals version. It's very difficult to keep track of layers and classes if a user creates anything beyond a basic drawing. The navigation palette helps solve the problem. I was essentially forced to buy the architect version just so I could use the navigation palette. After owning architect for almost a year now, I've use no other feature of that industry series other than the navigation palette. Don't get me wrong... I think VW is the best. I just think the navigation palette has nothing to do with any industry. It should be a part of Fundamentals.

• 2 months later...

Disappointed to discover that the Navigation Pallete has not found it's way into my 2008 upgrade! Interface usability should not be an expensive added option. To me this appears to be a way of Nemetschek ensuring customers shell out for features they don't need in order to get the basic usability they do. Very poor indeed!