Maverick Layer Link in WGR

I have imported 3 WGR's and linked the layers, unlocked and then grouped so I can manipulate a number of condos around a site. I have a problem when I update the WGR and I get a message that says- "A Layer link has been removed from the referenced layer "NAME OF LAYER" as these are not supported here." and the layer linked WGR disappears. I have isolated it to having the original files in 'Stack Layer' mode when reloading the WGR, and I just need to confirm if this is right, or, what I can do to avoid it.

Thanks,

Wow,

We have the same problem, but never related it to stacking layers. Actually never went so far as to try to find the reason. We thought it was a problem having the source file open in the background while WR updating to the target file.

Ours duplicated layer some links, and we were doing a render job, and it tweaked the textures since there were 2 walls perfectly overlaid on each other. THis nasty pattern came over all the walls and roofs.

Anyone else?

We are on Mac OS 10.4.7, VW 12.5.1, Mac Pro 2x2.66 GHZ.

WGR does not support Layer Linking at the source. All Linked Layers will simply not be recognized. Therefore, subsequent Layer Linking shall only occur within the subordinate file, ad infinitum.

WGR is a purely recursive FilePath protocol. Any changes to the recursive Filepaths will nullify the subsequent links. Linked Layers are not recognized by the recursion.

In this case though, there were no layer links in the original, but layer links had appeared and were attributed to the original file. This seems to be if you update the WGR while stack layers is engaged in the original, then it reads this as a linked layer in the WGR and to fix it you need to go back and unlock the LL and delete the duplicated items.