Exporting to LW4

Is there a way to export instrument data to LW4 so that blank fields (such as empty gobo fields) are not entered as a "-". It would be really nice to just leave these fields blank

Any thoughts/help would be terrific. Sometimes these "niggly" things just get up my nose!

Thanks

Mark

Hey Mark,

You need to set this up in Lightwright with your import, merge and export routines.

For importing and merging, select the "Fill blank fields with" button and enter a "-" in the empty field.

For exporting, select the "Fill blank fields with" button and enter a "-" in that empty field.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Empty fields have to have the "-"

LW and VW both recognize the "-" as am empty field and do not actually use the "-" as data in the filed.

In LW you have to tell it to ignore fields with a "-" in the import dialog and to use a "-" for empty fields in the export.

It doesn't seem to work!!

I enclose a screen-shot of the dialogue box when I import. What am I doing wrong!

Every blank field from VW is filled with a "-" except the dimmers column which is blank. Vectorworks adds a "-" to the data file for every blank field though!!

Any ideas?

Mark