3d staircase

I'm drawing a staircase that raises thru 3 floors. I'd like to have a 3d axonometric drawing and some sections on the staircase.

I've drawn the 3d staircase on 3 layers, according to the building floors (level 1, level 2 and roof level), but seems like that to have 3d axo. view of the complete staircase, across all floors, the stiarcase need to be on just one layer.

Same for sections. How do you make 3d sections of the whole building?

Can't think you're required to work on just one layer!!

any help? Thanks

paolo@bartolidesign.it

You could try:

1) Using classes (along with layers) for more complex visibility matrix

2) A LAYER LINK to "link" all the design ('parent') layers onto one ('daughter') layer.

3) Using "STACK LAYERS" to view all the layers aligned properly in 3d space.

4) Using "STACK LAYERS" with GRAY OTHERS selected as the layer viewing option.

There are probably other ways as well. I'm sure others will jump in and suggest some more...

Hello Paolo! I have been giving this some thought and here is a bit more detail: If you create a new class for the stairs (call it "Stairs" or whatever) then make sure all the stairs (and landings, railings, etc?) are in this new class. Then use the LAYER OPTION: Show, Snap Others, and the CLASS OPTION: Gray Others. Then make sure the the NEW CLASS is the ACTIVE CLASS. Now turn on STACK LAYERS and render your model in Open GL or Final Quality RW's. You *should* now be able to see through your building to the stairs. Let us know how it works, perhaps yu can post an image??? Ciao!