Exporting to lightwright

Ericoxer

Eric,

Just in case anyone else has an idea. I got the plot you emailed me.

I did an export to LW from VW and it worked fine. What I am seeing is a bunch of scrollers and instruments that are not on the plot. Is this the problem?

The stuff actually on the plot looks good in LW. I deleted all the visable instruments from the plot and there were still 127 units in the plot when I did an export, that I don't understand. I did a purge all unused and still got the 127. I also went back and deleted EVERYTHING from the plot from every layer. I did a view - fit to objects and there was nothing in the plot and I still got the 127 units.

did you get this plot from another program? or was it created in VW? DiWas it created in VW12 or earlier version? I am just fishing for some idea of what is going on.

I also deleted the unknown instruments in LW then exported back to VW did a refresh instruments -. tried another export and still had the extra 127!!

Anyone got an idea - I am baffled mad.giftongue.gif

So you see the issues i've had.

everything but the actual groundplan was made in orignally in V12 (the scenic GP was from the SD imported form ACAD). Now, the file has gone through many changes, from tons of scrollers and moving lights down to what you see is there. The file has also been formatted from 12.5 to 11.5 and back at least 3 times (my laptop was broken, so i had to work off my desktop, which doesnt travel well . . . during meetings i only had access to v11.5)

Im wondering f any of that has had any trouble with whats going on?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I think the exporter finds ALL the lights, including ones inside of groups.

Use the Create Report command to

List all : Objects with a record

Listing objects with record: Lighting Device

Add or remove the columns you want to see

Click OK

You will see all the lighting devices in the document in the worksheet.

Right slick on a row and click select item. It will select the item even if it is inside of the group. This should help you locate the mystery instruments.

Kevin,

I did as you indicated and got a report that shows all the mystery units, each with its own record. We knew the lights were there, but how do you get rid of the mystery units when they do not show on the plot?? I tried to "cut" out a row of one and VW crashed, I selected a row and tried "clear contents", everything on the worksheet disapeared.. I selected the rows of the units in question and tried to "delete" them - all the records except the first 3 rows disapeared. confused.gifconfused.gif

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Right click on the row in the worksheet (the entire row should be highlighted) and choose "Select Item". You want to click in the far left column, it should read something like 2.8 (Select item will appear as a pop-up only at the position of the cursor) This will take you to the object in the drawing where you can delete it.

They are in the plot somewhere, probably in a group or in a layer or class that is turned off or have no geometry but still should be selectable. Choosing "Select Item" in the worksheet will force the object to be visible no matter where it is in the drawing.

Eric & Kevin,

Did as suggested. when I select ( rigth click) a record that has no position or any other info attached to it in the work sheet - assuming it is one of the mystery unit, the unit selected on the plot is a unit, when I open OIP has, postion, channel, color listed??????

the one i selected had channel 93. I went into LW and channel 93 had 3 units listed with it one had all the info (CH, color unit #) and two had blank info.

I think there is something seriously corrupted in this plot.

WOW this has been facinating.

I went back and deleted all the sheet layers, and then went through all the design layers and deleted everything from each layer. I then created a report like Kevin suggested and the mystery units were in the report, but not showing on the plot. I right clicked and selected one of the units and all of a sudden the plot was showing a bunch of units??? I selected all and deleted the units and ran the report again. Again there were units in the report, and none showing on the plot. I right clicked and selected a unit and more units appeared on the plot. I deleted these and ran the report a third time - this time no units can up on the report.

I am not sure how Eric can fix this without starting a new plot.

Kevin????

I am having problems importing back into Vectorworks 11.5 from Lightwrite 4.0.

When I get to the "Instrument Data Import" page and hit Browse, My file comes up in the Choose file box and THAT IS IT..

I can't do anything else... Can't choose Unigue ID Field, Can't get any further to link or even import.. it locks up and I can not go on..

when I hit cancil I get a vectorscript error. (Error: _895 _896 - Index outside array limits.)

Anybody Have any ideas!!!

Dave Feldman