editable worksheet

J. Miller

Hello,

I am a new user to spotlight (long time user of VW).

I am attempting to use the editable worksheet to update a light plot. When creating a spotlight editable worksheet I want it to sort by unit number. BUT it does not sort the numbers in order (ie 1,2 3,...) I get this instead (1, 11, 12, 2, 20, 21, 3.....) Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong. Thanks in advance

Jeff Miller

Nope, you're not doing anything wrong. That's just how it does it. Annoying huh?

It would be nice if that got fixed one day...

I use the Lightwright import/export functions to get the proper information updated into the plot. It's much faster then editing every unit.

that's odd

When the instrument reports are generated the sort by unit number is correct. I am just looking for a qick way to get most of the data into an instrument. Position & unit number is about all i want to enter via the actual drawing. The worksheet seemed to be a quick way to run through all the fixtures on a plot. BUT if it can't sort properly, i guess i will need to write my own vectorscript to get the report i want.

Thanks for the reply

Maybe VW can get this fixed

Jeff Miller

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Add the field "Alt-Unit " and sort Alt-Unit rather then unit number. The Alt-Unit field has been paded with a space to make it sort corectly. The paperwork command does this automatically, but Alt-Unit is a read only field so if you cange it, it will not update the Unit number.