text along path...VW 12

I am trying to put text on the outside of a circle, so that the bottom of the letters are 'sitting' on the outside of the circle. I can only get the text to wrap around the inside of the circle, with the top of the text touching the inside of the circle. Just a bit baffled. I can not find the parameters to change this....

Use Duplicate Array around a center point (use a circle as a guide) with a letter that you make a symbol with the bottom of the symbol touching the center point of the the symbol origin. circletext.JPG

Don't forget to turn the text into a poly before making it a symbol this way it will orient properly around the circle.

Pete A.

There is a movie showing how to do this in the VW12 Demo movies:

http://www.nemetschek.net/training/library.php?movie=12movies

New Text Along Path Command

With the new Text Along Path command, you?ll be able to create 3D text objects that follow the path of a curve.

There are also a couple of movies in the Location Planning movies section which may be of interest:

http://www.nemetschek.net/training/library.php?movie=LPmovies

Edited by mike m oz

Thanks all. I will look at the vw 12 demo movies. I got it to work on a polyline curve, but will not work how I want it to on a circle or arc. The bottom of the text will still only attach to the inside of the circle. I will do the upgrade to 12.5 and see if I have any more luck...thanks again all...the cantor

On my setup, it defaults to the inside of the arc/circle. The bottom of the text is on the arc.

1. In the OIP, I change Rotate about Path to 180 deg. It is now on the outside, but backwards.

2. Use Modify>Rotate>Flip Horizontal. It now reads correctly.

3. Now you can rotate to the desired orientation around the center of the arc.

George