Unwanted line between stacked walls in hiddenline

lha

I have two walls stacked one on top of the other and there is a horizontal line between them in hidden line view. They should read as one wall and adjacent walls on a different face of the building model also stacked show correctly. Any suggestions? I have checked the properties of the walls and compared them to those that show up correctly and still can't figure it out.

This has happened to me, and in my case, the reason was that the walls were not actually touching where they're supposed to meet. If you zoom in really closely the difference may become apparent. You can reshape them directly or use the "Fit walls to roof" command to reshape them to some 3D geometry on the layer above. HTH.

lha,

Michael has the solution. I really believe the root cause of this issue is that your tolerances in document setup are too large. When you layout a building setting the tolerances to the smallest possible increment will reduce line errors when tracing or stacking walls one on to another. I have found that a wall can be as little as three hundred thousands out at cause the hidden line issues you are encountering.

Pete A.

Even if the walls line up correctly in z space, in VW 11, you'll get a line between the two floors.

If the floors line up correctly in 12, you should not receive the line between the two floors.

This is one of the hidden line rendering improvements to VW 12.0.0.

Edited by Katie