Sorting Instruments in the Key to Instrumentation

JGoss

Has anybody found a way to sort lighting instruments before dropping the key onto the drawing? I know I could manually go into the group after its placed in the drawing and rearrange everything - but that takes too long. And then I just have to go back & do it again if I need to add or change something on the plot.

Please don't tell me that I have to wait until VW 12 - I know there's got to be backdoor trick...

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by michaelk:

I'd also like to know if you can choose which instrument symbol is used in the Active Label Legend. Sometimes is chooses a reasonable fixture, but sometimes it chooses the symbol for a practical or an inkie.

If you set the label legend that you want to be active in the label legend manager (by selecting the label legend, then clicking "Set As Active," this label legend will show up in the Key to Instrumentation.

I've noticed there is some pattern to how the instruments are sorted in the Key, and after playing with a new blank plot, I've discovered that you can drop your lighting instruments onto the plot in the order in which you want them to appear in the Key to Instrumentation. This also works for accessories.

Though this is a silly way to go about doing things, one could 'cheat' the system by creating a template that had all of your symbols already dropped in your plot in the order that you wanted. When you were ready to insert your Key, you could just delete those original symbols, and the ones that were still on the plot would be sorted and counted properly. I'll have to see if this actually works....I'll post back if it doesn't. (Obviously any lighting symbols that aren't in the plot won't go onto the key)

For future updates, a lighting symbol sorting maintenance feature would be nice.

[ 01-22-2005, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: JGoss ]