HELP! NEWBIE!

Intervest

Ok... I work in an Investment Firm office and have been tasked with using Vectorworks (this is our first purchase of Vectorworks) LANDMARK with RENDERWORKS for rendering SITE PLANS and BUILDING ELEVATION EXAMPLES.

I've never used any kind of Cad software, or anything else, and I basically have to have this project done by Friday frown.gif(

Ok... what I need first... and the documentation, and training CD's aren't real clear:

I am importing a CAD file of a street layout...

I need to add 3D Buildings (Mainly Houses) to them, and be able to "take pictures" of the completed architecture as if I were standing in front of the house.

Anyone have a clue how to do this?

THANKS!

Intervest,

I would suggest you look on the NNA website for folks that might be able to help you with this task. As stated above, the task you have been given is impossible... it would even be hard to do for a skilled operator in less than a few days or a week (depending on the size of the works).

Having said that, Contact a local representative of NNA. Find a local draftsperson who might be able to trade you your new version of VW12.0.1 for the drawings you so desire.... might work.

best of luck

• 4 weeks later...

This might sound traitorous, but have you tried SketchUp? There's a free version (not sure what it does, since I have the paid version). But... it might be easier than VectorWorks for this kind of thing, and as long as they're not asking you to do working drawings, engineering, cost estimation, planting plans, space shuttle piloting and making Cointreau souffl?s, it might do the trick.

p.s. your boss is an idiot, and if the deadline really is Friday, a romping card-carrying sadist as well. It's time to look for a new job (this could be the idea BTW)