Saved View to Viewport.

I seem to recall a discussion on this but I couldn't find it; so...

I setup a perspective saved view as desired.

I made a viewport of it to place on a sheet layer.

The view in the viewport had nothing to do with what I had set. The perspective was different, the view angle was different. The view distance was different. All so different that I couldn't get it back to where I wanted it.

Yet I just did it on another file and it worked.

Is this something to do with location from origins and ground planes??

So how do I get my saved view as a Viewport?

N.

Hi again Mike

That was probably the thread I was thinking of, but it doesn't help me much.

The file in question on thursday had only one layer displaying (not linked etc).

I had the view I wanted, but when I did your Step 2 was when it all went wrong.

I made the view port of my perpective view, but what showed in the viewport had nothing to do with the view in the Design Layer. (??)

Nicholas

- I tried it with a view when the Z of the layer you are viewing from is not zero. What it appears to do is put the view point at the layer Z height and the object at the absolute zero Z height. (I think you have caught them out with something they didn't anticipate).

- You can adjust the viewing height by double clicking on the Viewport and choosing to edit the crop. Use the Walkthrough Tool to adjust the height you are viewing from (Raise Ground Plane Mode and Lower Ground Plane Mode).

The other option is to adjust the Z height of your layer to zero (you could try layer linking to a layer with a zero Z height).

Edited by mike m oz