Detail Cut Wood

I want to put "x" lines on the ends of boards I have

in a drawing while viewing from the front, but when I

click on the detail object my view changes to Top/Plan.

Can you tell me how to get these details on board ends?

(I'm using VW 11.5) Thank you!

- Tod Landis

The wood cut detail tool is 2D only, which forces the drawing to the 2D "view" to place objects. But, no worries. . . when the drawing switches, go ahead and place the cut detail. Then switch back to Front (Side, or whatever) and locate the detail where you want it.

As an aside, I use the wood cut detail a great deal but nearly always in the Viewport rather than on the Design Layer. There's no perspective shifting and they're easy to move if the design gets revised.

Good luck,

tlandis, two solutions:

- Draw the X in a 2D elevation view and then with both lines selected convert them to 3D polygons. This 3D X can then be placed manually in position. (If you have lots of them turn it into a symbol first.)

- Draw your board cross section in a 2D elevation view and include the X. Select the shape and the X and extrude both of them in one operation. The X will show in all linework rendered views, but not in renderd Open GL or Renderworks views. (Once again if you have lots of them make the board a symbol.)

Edited by mike m oz