Changing line weight

Hi all,

I inserted an iCAD drawing into VW12.01. The line weight is .05 in the attributes palette, I want to increase line weight, but can't seem to be able. I'm selecting object, going to attributes palette, selecting different line weight, but nothing changes. I do notice when I select object that only corners are highlighted (the outline of the object, in this case a cabinet)

Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

John

I'm selecting object, going to attributes palette, selecting different line weight, but nothing changes.

When you say nothing changes do you mean nothing changes in the Attributes Palette or nothing changes visually on your drawing? If it's the later you might want to turn on Zoom Line Thickness under Preferences > Display.

Yes, that's the problem. Symbol insertions don't really have attributes. Each object in a symbol has its own attributes. You can go into the symbol and change any or all of those, but then you'll be changing the symbol definition, and all other insertions of it will reflect the same changes. If you want to change just the one insertion, you have to convert it to a group first.